10 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE LRT FOUNDER, MADS
Today, I thought it might be neat to tell you, my dear friends, some unique things about me that many people don't know. This is insider information, exclusive to you, my dear Little Rad Things!
I hope this blog provides some comedic relief in your day, as well as some intrigue. Most of all, I hope you walk away wanting to keep in touch, and connecting with me over at @thelittleradthings on Instagram and in our Exclusive Facebook Group, The Raddest Little Rad Things.
I hope to hear from you in there!
So here it is, 10 interesting facts about me, Mads:
- In high school, I was the president of the chess club and the first chair violin in the orchestra.
- Nerd alert. I am somewhat kidding, but not totally. I wouldn't change a thing about being a part of the less-cool crowd at school. While I wouldn't say I was unpopular, I definitely wasn't popular and had my fair share of "getting picked on," time in school. My parents taught me to be pretty well-rounded, and gave me every opportunity to pursue what I wanted to, which is a parenting tactic my kids will also experience!
- I played one year of collegiate, Division I, golf at Mount Saint Mary's University in Emmitsburg, Maryland.
- Emmits-what? Unless you are from Maryland, you likely don't know where this is, so let's just say south of Gettysburg, PA! Growing up I was always rather relentless in terms of pursuing any task I thought could help me move out of the small town I grew up in. So when I found golf at age 13, thanks to my mother's boyfriend at the time, and was immediately good at it, it became an addiction. Flash forward a few years and I was off to college on a golf scholarship. Golf was my life, until my father passed toward the end of my freshman year of college, and then I shifted gears to being close to my mother and brother, saving some money, and really focusing on my education versus time on the course.
- I was one, of three, Miss Sprint Cup's from 2013 - 2016.
- Miss Sprint Cup was a spokesmodel position that helped promote both NASCAR and the former cellphone provider Sprint. The role was a culmination of modeling, sports reporting, marketing, and social media management - and boy was it RAD. For the three years I was fortunate enough to travel with NASCAR, I learned an immense amount about myself, about people who have wealth, and the world. It was literally the coolest job for a 23-year-old, and if you search the web you can still find some funny videos of me in a fire suit.
- I am scared of the dark.
- Yeah, I am. It's rather embarrassing, but when my husband isn't home I literally keep our kitchen light on and our bedroom door open so if I would be startled at nighttime I can see what may be in the living room. Why do I do this when we have a 70-pound pit bull mix? I have no clue, but it makes me feel better. I sometimes blame my dad for my fear of the dark, because as a kid he would sometimes stand outside my bedroom door and make a beeping noise right after he put me down for bed. That sounds like torture, but I think he thought it was funny because he emulated one of his favorite Science Fiction villains, The Creature From The Black Lagoon.
- I had no idea what I was doing when I initially had the idea for Little Rad Things.
- Do you ever have an idea and just don't know where to start? Well, that was me a few months ago. I can tell you from experience that starting your own business is the MOST rewarding task you could ever take on. It is utterly terrifying, but equally awesome and satisfying! If you have an idea, please take action on it because you will never learn more about yourself until you do it!
- I adore the Eagles, not the bird - the band.
- I have never found another band where I can literally play every song on the vinyl and love them all.
- I birthed a 10lb, 3oz, baby (Pax)!
- Women are amazing. My first born Paxton was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life - he was a big boy!
- I prefer books over sports.
- Call me weird, but I will take a good book over watching sports on the TV any day. It's not that I don't like sports, because I grew up playing soccer, basketball, and golf, but I think it's just because I prefer the excitement of getting lost in a story in my spare time. I generally will watch NASCAR and/or have it on in the background while I do stuff around my house, but that is primarily because my husband, David, works in the sport!
- I LOVE peanut butter, almond butter, and all the butters, and eat it from the jar.
- Is anyone else obsessed with nut butters? I can't help it, but I absolutely LOVE nut butters. On apples, by themselves, on bread, you name it! I am a huge nut butter person.
- I worry about time.
- There is this song by Alabama called "In A Hurry," that is really relevant to my personality. I feel like I am always in a hurry to get things done and I rush and rush until life is (almost) not fun. I am someone who sets a lot of tasks for myself within the course of the day and if I don't achieve them, well, then I feel like I failed.